Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cultural Activities

Sunday after Halloween we decided to do something London-ish and went on a walking tour along the Thames.  We started at Westminster Abbey and also saw Parliament and Big Ben.  Then we moved onto Trafalgar Squar where Becky and I climbed up on the lions (with Justin's help haha) and saw Somerset House and other random things along the way.  It was nice to actually get out and about in the city for once.  I felt extremely accomplished for a Sunday.




















Monday morning I was feeling highly motivated to do something with my day instead of sleeping until my 2pm class, so I went to the Victoria and Albert Museum that is just a 10 minute walk away from my dorms.  I was pleasantly surprised to figure out it is actually a design museum and I thoroughly enjoyed the fashion and jewelry exhibits.  I spent the whole morning wandering around the museum and sat in the middle courtyard for a while to enjoy the semi nice London weather (there was sun!).  As my tradition goes, I bought postcards of my favorite pieces and got myself really cool earrings that are made of zipper pulls.  From now on I'm going to use my empty Monday mornings to go to museums to avoid the crowds and to feel somewhat cultural here.  We'll see how I do with that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment