Monday, November 2, 2009

taking it easy like the eagles told me to

i've been a very lazy blogger.  so i will be attacking my blog with entries over the next few days trying to catch up so i don't have to always write in extreme past tense.

here starts the attacking...

October 16-18

Friday night: I love Irish pubs

Went to Picadilly to go out and ended up at O’Neills.  O’Neills is a bar that everyone I know has gone to and loved so I wassoo excited to finally get to go myself.  Hillary and I got ourselves in for free for being Americans! (something that was quite opposite of what I expected when telling the bouncer we love the USA) The bar itself is 3 floors with the top floor having live music.  A lot of people from the Crofton came so I had a great time and it’s always a perk when the live band is good.

Saturday: Gluttony

A bunch of us got up and went to Borough Market, a huge food market by the London Bridge.  You walk through the entrance to a big outside open area full of food stands ranging from Mexican food to bakeries to sandwiches to cheese booths.  Must go here ravenous.  You just walk around and sample everything you can and then decide what you like best to buy.  I bought myself a baggie full of Turkish delights (yumm) and we had the best veggie burgers in the entire world, complete with hummus and wheat bread buns.  Sometime I pretend to be healthy.  Then we sat down and enjoyed a big glass of homemade sangria before heading back home.

Saturday night: London lacks watered down beer

For so long we knew about the Ale Trail through South Kensington and since a lot of us were going to The Church in the morning and others were tired it was the perfect night to take it easy at some pubs.  The way the Ale Trail works is that you go to four different pubs around the neighborhood and buy an ale at each, collecting stamps on your map along the way.  After you get all four stamps you get a free t-shirt!  The only downside of it all is ale is a tad bit too warm and thick for my taste.  I still would give up an arm for a Miller Light here. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment