Friday, November 6, 2009

i was your anger and you were my fear now that it's over of course it's so clear

In my recent quest to keep my afterwork hours busy I had a succesfully full week.

Tuesday we went to Imperial to celebrate Hillary's return to Londontown. I'm so grateful that Imperial is so close, it has saved me a many boring night in Crofton. We exchanged traveling stories and Lee told me the best stuff about Octoberfest. I want to go sooo bad but will learn from their experience and not stay in tents (or hallucinate hahaha). Wednesday some of us met up after work at Porterhouse. There was supposed to be a live band but there wasn't sooo I guess that just means we have to go again. Darn. Porterhouse has a huge menu of beers from around the world so I tried the one and only Swedish beer there-Crocodile!

























Thursday was Guy Fawkes Night, which is a holiday celebrating the foiled Gunpowder Plot of 1605 that was supposed to blow up Parliament. All over England they celebrate by burning an effigy of Guy Fawkes in a huge bonfire and then a fireworks display. We went to a Guy Fawkes Night nearby in Notting Hill and they do not kid around with this holiday. The bonfire was in fact enormous and the fireworks display was suprisingly good-a tough review to recieve from a bunch of 4th of July loving Americans. It as a really fun cultural event to take part in, and we walked down the road for a drink afterwards at The Elgin-an old Victorian style pub where the Clash used to play!!







































Lately at work I've been lacking in things to do. I was given an assignment to do competitive research for the licensing division...I have succesfully stretched this project into a 3-day long extensive research bonanza and am now working on a powerpoint complete with screenshots of competitors websites and a synopsis of all the SS10 campaigns. I know TOO MUCH about luxury sunglasses and timepieces now. I've also been passing the time by listening to a few new favorite bands on YouTube-Spoon and The Sounds.


After work today I leave for Madrid for the weekend with 6 other girls. Wish me luck because 4 years of Spanish class in Wisconsin left me with "puedo ir al bano?" and that's about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment