Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Leopards, Grizzly Bears, and Zombies, Oh my!

The Halloween festivities started out Thursday night at the BU Halloween Party in Notting Hill.  Can't complain about drink vouchers, free food, and seeing a BU employee in a full on cow costume. 

Actual Halloween night started out with a concert at the music venue the Barbican.  Ian and I went to a unique concert that was a performance by the band Grizzly Bear and the London Symphony Orchestra.  It was a really good concert because they made the orchestra blend into their songs.  I was impressed and happy because I got to hear an orchestra, which is a rare event lately.  Here’s the band’s site, definitely check them out:http://grizzly-bear.net/











Afterwards we morphed into Shaun of the Dead and a leopard. Met a Shaun of the Dead wannabe who gave us drinks on the tube, got a little lost, and then I went to meet up with the 4th floor crew at a club that was throwing a Halloween party.  I was told I sound Scandanavian (??), got a bruise from running away from a fight, and somehow didn’t take a single picture in my costume.  It was an odd night.  The weirdest part though was that people in London actually dress up SCARY. Not just kind of scary with a witch hat. No, full on scary with blood and fangs and everything.  I severely missed Halloween in Boston/normal places.

closest thing to me on halloween :)

No comments:

Post a Comment