Monday, November 2, 2009

everything is better down under

October 22-24

Thursday: Heaps of fun with my favorite Aussie

My Australian friend, Theon, came to visit London for a few days before heading back home down under.  I met up with him by his hotel in King’s Cross and then we went out to Crazy Larry’s, a place some Imperial boys had recommended to us. Unfortunately Crazy Larry’s wasn’t very crazzzy so we went to McD’s and (surprise!) Arch Angel.  Luckily he liked Arch Angel, I mean who doesn’t, and I even got him to try out my go to Arch Angel drink-pear cider ;)

Friday: Now THIS is my song!

I took the day off from work and rested a bit until meeting up with the crew for drinks byOxford Circus.  People say Picadilly Circus is like Times Square in NYC but I have to say that Oxford Circus is much more akin to the painfully busy streets and overcrowded sidewalks of my old workplace.  I am avoiding that tube stop at all costs in the future. After a drink we had dinner at a little gem of a sandwich shop with probably 100 menu items, cheap prices, and a super friendly sandwich guy.  Credit goes to Lee for the find.

That night we switched it up and went to Covent Garden to go out.  I led the way toPorterhouse, a massive pub I had been to on a previous outrageous night (see Los Locos reference in September…).  You walk in and are immediately surrounded by wood and copper piping.  The building is huge with multiple floors in staggered levels and mazes of stairs.  One part is kind of like a balcony over the main floor bar, and the basement houses the live bands. The Friday night band there is phenomenal; we debated if it was a real band or just the radio until we actually saw that there was indeed a band below us. 

After Porterhouse we crossed Covent Garden and went to Los Locos, where things mustmustmust get crazy.  We danced like mad and escaped with only a few bruises (hahaha).  Luckily we had a sweetheart of a protector with us to get us all home safely and make sure we didn't stay on the dance floor ground too long...thanks Theon for being the absolute best. 











sorry, we're kind of sweaty from the los locos dance floor

Saturday: No, I am from Boston

After Theon left for his day long journey home and sleeping off our Los Locos night, Hillary and I went to Topshop to check out the huge sale we had been eyeing the day before.  We got some great deals and I finally can say I shopped in Topshop without buying the entire store. Success.

That night we went back to Notting Hill to the Prince Albert and then went to The Gate, a club right nearby.  You go downstairs and it’s pretty small, with a few rooms off to the side.  They played our requests and we met some BC/NYC guys so all in all, a nice night in London.

By Sunday morning my entire body was aching from the dancefest that was the weekend.  I’m so glad I didn’t waste money on a gym membership here.

No comments:

Post a Comment